Monday, October 16, 2006

Major craving alert



Right now I desperately want to eat General Tso chicken from Yen Ching. But not Yen Ching on 28th St. They don't make it right there. I want General Tso chicken from Yen Ching downtown, which of course has been closed for a couple of years. And no other Chinese place will do. If it be not Yen Ching, it be not worthwhile. I thusly recognize that this craving is impossible to fufill. That, however, does not mean I can focus on anything else. All I can think about is lovely General Tso chicken. Yummy spicy crispy chicken. With sticky rice. Or maybe fried rice. Yeah, fried rice. And crab rangoon. And that tea they made at Yen Ching (downtown, of course). Oy. It's gonna be a long day.

6 comments:

steveandjanna said...

Does the General make hot chicken? If so, perhaps you should stock up for a certain cold night in the very near future.

Anonymous said...

Dunno about the General, but it's well-established that the Colonel makes chicken.

NPE said...

I am with you. I too am now having a craving for General Tso.

(Man I'm fat- a pregnant woman mentions food and I share in her craving!)

Anonymous said...

Wait, you're pregnant?

Anonymous said...

Alas, alack.

It just figures that Janna would have cravings for restraunts that are shut down... I miss that chicken too.

Nobody makes it the way they did... all sticky, chewy, and tangy... but not spicy, and just a little crunchy... Oh no. I'm a fat person too.

(noi'mnotpregnant)

Anonymous said...

youdon'tknowhowtousethespacebuttoneither