Friday, January 05, 2007

Finally!









At long last I get around to putting the ultrasound pictures. We're so glad that our son seems to be healthy and well. He certainly is an active boy, with an apparent enthusiasm (and corresponding lack of talent) for dancing, particularly (but not limited to) between 2 and 4 in the morning. This dancing of course stops as I want to have Steve feel the baby's movements. A very stubborn boy, our Stuart.

Early this morning while the baby danced himself silly, I laid awake thinking big, ponderous thoughts. Well, honestly, most of my thoughts were of how much I wanted to be sleeping, but I did have some good thoughts. And the thing that strikes me about the middle of the night is how it's a perfect time for prayer. There are none of the distractions (well, besides rhythm-impaired infants) that exist during the day. No chores to be done, no blogs to be checked (it's been 2 minutes - there might be something new!), no errands to run, no calls to be made, no barking and dissenting dogs to discipline, no pretty, sparkly, brightly colored objects to be distracted by. It's 2 in the morning, it's dark, the bed is comfy and therefore a better alternative to being up, and things are generally pretty peaceful.

I won't say all that I prayed for, except to say that there were very fervent thanks to God for the man who invented Tums (I'm very grateful to this man, whomever he might be). I will say that I am very grateful to God for all His blessings in my life, including unborn white boys who can't dance. :-)

11 comments:

Mark said...

Couldn't you play a tape or something to teach him how to dance early on or make him smarter or something? Or at least make sure he doesn't say "jorb"... he could listen to it whilst you slumber.

Anonymous said...

Aww, isn't it amazing that that little guy is in your "belly." How exciting! Just wait, he is going to get much, much bigger! It gets kind of creepy, but truly amazing and wonderful, when you can see limbs poking out.

Pepcid AC was my best friend (and still is) for reflux. (Just in case you reach a TUMS limit.)

Mrs. P said...

And there he is too! I love those little profile shots... His profile isn't going to change! George still has the same look about him.

Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Ah, Tums... I went through no less than two CostCo sized vats...

James w. Lanning said...

as an early third birthday present i'm offering free drum lessons to Stu.

John Jurries said...

Somebody needs to update.

Anonymous said...

sista you betta update with where you at in life. u got to be representing your hood, yo! step to it!

Anonymous said...

mmm grl u know 'dat true!!

Anonymous said...

It's like a funhouse in here! A funhouse full of crazy people!

Anonymous said...

*ring*
*ring*
*ring*

Anonymous said...

Oh, 'ello, telephone! Glad I could talk to you again!

Anonymous said...

i cn dance...