Saturday, July 23, 2005

But one scant year ago...

I was in Canada. This is not a particularily important anniversary in and of itself, but what is important is the reason I was there. Indeed, the reason ended up being quite important. For it is now officially one year since Justin and Marion met in person. For various reasons disclosed to some of you at diverse times and in sundry manners, that weekend was not fun at all. Justin still maintains that he really enjoyed himself, and he suffers under the delusion that Marion and I did as well. We're happy for him, but we were miserable. Still, 365 days after the emotional rollercoaster and several months after their wedding, it all seems worth it. Strange as it seems, the absurdly tall, pun-ny Baptist with the ugly religious tie that we met that day turned out to be the perfect man for my best friend. And it's been a blessing to see the two of them so happy together.
I would be remiss if I did not also mention another first anniversary. Tomorrow will be one year since the last time Justin made his fabulous Lemon Chicken Parmesan for me, and it's not that I'm fishing for an invitation to dinner or anything, but it WAS really good and it HAS been a year...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congatulations!

NPE said...

in the words of Anna Grace....
mmm, num.
That dinner would be fabulous. I will host it at my house if we want to celebrate the aniversary!
I am sure that Lannings would host it at the manse as well.

CONGRATS YOU TWO!!!!

Erika said...

Is this the craMp marion?

Janna said...

Yes, Erika, this Marion is indeed the creator of Cramp Bottom, M.M., Director of the Ministry of Vocabulary. She and I have been partners in crime for years.

Nate, well we have to come up with SOMETHING, don't we? I've been promised the chicken for months now and have yet to see it (or smell it...mmmmmm). We'll just have to kidnap Justin some night and force him to cook for us.

Mark said...

You want him kidnapped, eh? You might've mentioned that, I'm sure we can arrange something.

Janna said...

Glad tidings of great joy, gentle readers! Mr P. has agreed to make his delicious chicken in the near future (details forthcoming)! I assume he also intends to make his pasta and marinara sauce as well, if he does it will be a truly wonderful dinner.
Thank you all for your solicitous kindness in this matter.
That is all.

Anonymous said...

It wasn't a very entertaining weekend... Eventful, but not enjoyable. Cramp Bottom would've hated it. He doesn't get out of the tower much these days...

Ah yes Janna, the good old halycon days gone by... I met the man, and got engaged to him eight weeks later. And married a mere 6 months after that... Good times eh?

What's it like being married to the world's greatest mortal?

De-lovely!
M.

Erika said...

Wow Janna, sounds like the two of you have some good times. Maybe Justin should just give us the recipe for his chicken and let us make it? Seems a better alternative than kidnapping him!!