Sunday, July 24, 2005

Don Juan Triumphs?

Molly, Hazel, and Dana were eating their supper when John Paul VanMeplenschepink sauntered up.

“Molly,” he began in a soft, concerned voice, “I noticed that Will isn’t here again. I just wanted to take the opportunity to offer you this!” He extended his cupped hands, and ceremoniously deposited a cherry into Molly’s upturned palm.

“Um, thanks, Pink…”
“Do you know what this is, Molly?” He spoke her name caressingly. Seeing her puzzled expression, he decided to elaborate. “What does it look like, Molly?”
“A cherry, Pink.”
“A heart, Molly. My heart. I’m giving it to you. Cherry-ish it forever.”

Dana and Hazel snorted simultaneously. Pink smiled serenely, confident in the knowledge of his ability to amuse the ladies with his suave and clever ways. He often tried out “pick-up lines” on Molly, on whose approval he absolutely relied.

Molly, smiling broadly, handed the cherry back to it’s gallant owner. “Thanks, Pink, but I don’t like cherries.”

“You’re giving it back to me? I gave you my heart, which means it became yours. That means that what you’re really doing now is giving me YOUR heart! Oh Molly! I will keep this cherry forever!” With that, he sailed off triumphantly, sure of having put one over on the unattainable Miss Palmer.

22 comments:

Erika said...

FIRST COMMENT!! finally!! ok, anyway. That was a very romantical story Janna, and I enjoyed it a lot:-) I hope Molly and John Paul live happily ever after (as we all know, those are the best kind of stories!!)

Mark said...

John Paul VanMeplenschepink obviouslt represents the white man. Molly represents the Mayan tribes, her friends are the buffalo and the wolves, respectivley. The cherry represents the cheap trinkets given to the Mayans, who in this alternate history scorn the vile white man with his medicines and technology and clothes and not advocating genocide and what have you. It's all perfectly obvious, if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

The great american novel!

You really ought to publish!

M.

Janna said...

M - you're right! What an idea! If only there were five or six more chapters written...

Erika - I will kill myself before Molly and Pink end up with each other. seriously.

Mark is of course correct.

Erika said...

Mark, you might need therApy for those conspiracy theories!!

Janna, you could just publish it as the great american short story!! Also, please don't kill yourself over two imaginary people!! Maybe John Paul could end up with Hazel or Dana then?

Anonymous said...

Hazel and Dana would most likely suicide before dating John Paul as well.

M.

Mark said...

Hey, John Paul - here's a spolier for you: You will die alone.

Janna said...

Ah, yes, poor Pink. He's a dear silly boy, and no doubt will be grown up enough to marry in about fourty to fifty years.

Janna said...

GAH!

Erika said...

WHERE did my brilliant comment go??

Janna said...

Thank you very much, Mrs P! :-)

Erika said...

Why congrats Janna?

Janna said...

Janna went and signed a year of her life away to Davenport University. She does not know why she is referring to herself in the third person.

Eva Lemmon..? said...

Hhahahahahaha, foolish mortal, i hope you have fun. I would definately not have molly and pink together because molly would have to get a horrible brain ingury which alters her personality.
and that is most certainly unwanted if this wonderful blog were to continue.

Erika said...

Oooh, congrats then!! What is Janna going to school for?

Janna said...

Evie has once again fairly well summed up the situation.
I'm going to college to learn about the fascinating world of medical coding. Whoo-hoo!

Erika said...

oic...what exactly does a medical coder do??

Janna said...

Well, she codifies medical charts and such for insurance companies and such. I figure I should be good at it, seeing as I can read your code. (oic - Oh, I see.)

Mark said...

Oic (pronounced "Oyk") - An exclamation expressing surprise, such as "Oic, you just cut my leg off!" or "Oic! That's the worst crossstichting I've ever seen!"

NPE said...

where is the next posdt janna?

Erika said...

Sorry Janna, I didn't even mean to write OIC...I try to avoid that kind of thing lately. I was actually just genuinely interested in what coder does and wasn't double checking my grammer.

lol Mark...I actually started laughing when I read that!!

I was wondering the same thing, Nate!!

Janna said...

New posts coming up soon. Stay tuned for further bulletins.