Monday, September 05, 2005

There are two types of people in this world. Those who like chocolate and communists.

Since sharing with you, gentle reader, the crushing embarassment of the mousse incident, it has occured to me that some of you may not know how obsessed I am with making desserts. I have in times past earned the title "evil" and wore it proudly. I'm very happy that we are again approaching baking weather. Cheesecakes will soon be forthcoming! Hurrah! I have several concepts to try out in the realm of cheesecake-dom. In the meantime, I promised this recipe to several people, and this seemed as good of a way to provide it to them as any. :-)


1 package of cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter (not margarine), softened
1 tspn vanilla
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3 to 4 tblspns brown sugar (Original recipe calls for 2 tblspns. I'm a "taste it and see" kind of cook, and after tasting decided it needed something yet. Go with however much you like)
1 cup miniature chocolate chips, more or less. (Go ahead and eat some. After all, they might just be bad, and you can't serve that, can you?)
1 cup toasted, chopped pecans, divided

Cream together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugars until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and 1/4 cup pecans. Cover and refridgerate for 2 hours. Form into ball, roll in remaining pecans. Chill for at least an hour. Serve with chocolate wafers, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or forget the cookies and grab a spoon (My personal recommendation).

13 comments:

Erika said...

Umm Janna...think you could tell us what that recipe is for? it sounds really good...i LOVE cheesecake!!

Janna said...

OH! Sorry! I forgot that bit, didn't I? Well, it is for a Chocolate Chip Cheeseball.

Sorry for confusion.

Erika said...

I think i shall make it soon!! esp. since i know what it is now;-)

Anonymous said...

Interesting recipe. I'm in charge of dessert planning and preparing here. I like to try new stuff out on my guinea pigs (my brothers).:-)

Smart Aleck said...

I would suggest that you share (don't forget me :) ), and anonymous, I wouldn't mind being your guinea pig especially when it comes to chocolate and/or desserts.

Janna said...

Who on earth said anything about this being a dessert? This is a cheeseball, people! and as such is an appetizer. :-)

Erika said...

Well janna, seeings how we didn't even know what it was, some confusion IS to be expected. Also, SA, noone can share if they don't know who you are.

Mark said...

But we do know who he is.

Erika said...

WHAAAAAT??? how come YOU know???

Janna said...

Erika, sweetie, go to the Delta Institute random chat box. The mystery was revealed there several days ago. Smart Aleck was the anonymous person who defended yenta-ism.

Smart Aleck said...

Thank you, Mark and Janna, atleast someone knows what is going on.

Janna, classifing it as an appetizer makes it even better then we can have something else for dessert.

Anonymous said...

yum...Thanks

Erika said...

Janna, I DID see the chatbox...but it never spelled out who he was exactly!! I didn't figure out a NAME until...very recently i don't think. But the thing was that i didn't know like, where he came from or whatever...how he came across our fair blogsphere. and plus its fun to yell every once in awhile;-)